A healthy sexual relationship is different for every couple because every individual has differing sexual needs. While the activities involved in each sexual relationship can vary widely, in general, "healthy" sex should encompass the following:
• Both partners should feel equally pleased with the activities.
• Neither partner should feel forced into doing something they don't want to do.
• The right to say "no" to sex at any time, for any reason.
• Mutual respect before and after sex.
• Neither partner suffers a loss of self-esteem.
• Trust exists as well as openness about sexual history and current activities.